Friday, April 19, 2013

After the First Week... Still Loving it!

Well, we have really enjoyed our camper here for the first week.  We have taken a few turns sleeping outside in the camper through this first week.  I was able to get the camper parked in the front of the house and backed it up to the house.  That was great!  We hooked up the camper to the 20amp GFI plug on the front of the house with the adapters in the back of the trailer.




I was able to take the tub faucet apart and fix that with a new water mixer from Home Depot.  It's nice that it was a Delta faucet- they are always easy to get repair parts for!  I ordered a new kitchen sink faucet too.  The sprayer hose was broken off so it would have leaked water.  We got the new faucet in the mail today from Amazon  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKSKTK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .  That should do the trick.  I had to finish some homework tonight so I'll fix that this weekend on our camping trip.

Traci is going to run over to Lee's Summit tomorrow to get a Leer truck Cap installed on my truck.  That is going to be great.  We have debated getting one of them for a long time.  Traci says that it will make me look 15 years older... ha!  We are excited about the additional storage space though.

So far, this has been an adventure with some ups and downs.  I was mostly disappointed with the dishonesty on the part of some of the sales folks during our quest--the individuals selling Airstreams on eBay- look out!  Other than that, people seem to be very helpful.  The Air Forums site is very helpful on a lot of different subjects.  I was able to reach the second previous owner to get some questions answered on the phone this week as well.  I'm optimistic about what the future looks like for us with the camper.  As excited as I was looking at the campers online and at the dealer in St Louis, the one in the drive way is exceptionally exciting.  I'm excited about our summer plans.

Here's our plan so far:



View Larger Map

Word to the wise: Book early for National Parks in the Summer.  They are crazy busy.  We are excited about our adventure.  We're continuing to sell different extra "stuff" from around the house.  So exciting...  We will get some pictures from our next trip for on here.

Take care,
Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment