Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day- June 16th

Sunday, June 16th – Father’s Day- On Sunday we had a relaxing day as folks got used to the Spring Canyon camp and facilities.  I got up early with Rhoda to take her for a run first thing.  Elijah and Isaac got up too and headed down to the ponds with us to check out the water.  It was really nice!  We got into a canoe together with Rhoda.  Wow… she was scared and almost flipped us a few times.   We got dressed for church and had a nice service together with the other families there for Father’s Day.  We spent the rest of the afternoon doing whatever we wanted to.  Traci felt a little sleepy, so she took a nap while I took the kids back out for some fishing fun. 


So, picture this—Me, holding 75lb Rhodesian Ridgeback-Rhoda, two fishing poles, and leading a group of 3 of my kids, and two of our friends’ kids down to the ponds for some fishing.  After a few minutes, it started to rain a bit, so I told Elijah to wind in his reel so we could get out of the rain.  The other kids started to fuss about not getting their turn to fish- just when Elijah pulled in the first fish of the week.  As he pulled the trout up on the grass, Rhoda darted towards the fish and pulled her leash out from under my foot.  She was trying to eat the fish.  All I could think was that I was going to have a heck of a time getting two treble hooks out of her throat.  I put down my rod and pulled back our dog and tied her off to the dock.  I then pulled the hook out of the fish and waited a bit before cleaning the fish.  The girls were squeamish and sad at the fish cleaning, while the boys were cheering on the festivities.  Elijah was so proud of his catch, as we made our way up to the kitchen to stick the fish into the fridge for a meal later in the week.  Good fun… Great Father’s day… J 

Smiles are priceless... 

No comments:

Post a Comment