Saturday, June 22, 2013

Monday, June 17th- Saturday, June 22nd- Spring Canyon!

Monday, June 17th – Saturday, June 22nd – We had a great stay at Spring Canyon for the week.  This is a Christian Family camp.  We had a great time.  Usually people stay in cabins there, but we were moving and used our RV.  It worked out really well.  They had water and electric hookups, but we had to drive across town to dump the tanks out twice during the week- no big deal.
Jacob- tearing it up in a Kayak by himself!

Elijah (in Green trunks) lining up for a race in cold water to a floating watermelon...


Cool guy... 

Amazing Hummingbird feeders- filled them up once a day to keep up!

Elijah- at the top of the continental divide with Rhoda!

Great views from the top of the continental divide at cottonwood pass.

Our campsite in Spring Canyon! setup and ready to pull away.

Walker and Maynor Airstream Parade- ready to roll!





Each day we met for prayer in the morning at 8:00 and then went to breakfast together at 8:30.  The kids then went to a children’s program by age group to do different lessons and outdoor activities.  The kids had the opportunity to fish, rock climb, canoe/kayak, hike, shoot bows, and other similar outdoor activities.  The staff that took care of the kids and helped in the kitchen were mostly high school and college students that volunteered for the summer to bless families.  Traci and I left breakfasts to go to a meeting room with the other adults to spend some time in detailed teaching and Bible study for the week.  Chaplain Don Corrothers was the teacher for the week.  We had a great time spending time together and studying God’s Word.   Most of our afternoons were free to spend time together.  We got together for dinner at 5:30, and then had another teaching / study session in the evenings as well.
During the week, I was able to make some repairs to the camper during some free time.  I repaired the aluminum that was damaged by the flat tire.  That turned out really nice.  The trim piece that I purchased did not fit right though, so I am waiting on a replacement for that.  I was going to try to replace the cracked wheel well, but that was a little more difficult than I had anticipated.  The wheel well piece is attached by a tab that lays between the frame of the camper and the wooden floor.  So, I was not able to make that repair / willing to try to do that while at Spring Canyon.  I might try to get that taken care of when I get to WA and have more time.  I’m happy with the repairs we made though- we are ready for the road trip.

We had a great time together with friends at Spring Canyon.  We camped next to the Maynors for the week in their 34’ Airstream.  We had a great time spending time together with them during the week before we headed out on our trip on Saturday morning. 

Take away for the week-
  1. Spring Canyon is a special place for Christian Families.
  2. God's creation is evidence of his presence and glory shown to us.
  3. My resolve to serve in military chapels because of the impact that strong believers can have.
  4. My commitment to OCF


Great Friends!

Crazy kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment